Thursday, April 01, 2010

Having a big fat belly laugh over this one:

! 6m s@rry t8 r#p6rt th*t th# v@w#l #lv#s @ GM^!L @r# t@k!ng th# d@y 6ff.

I remembered that today was April 1st while journaling all my deepest thoughts this morning, and wondered briefly what type of joke I should play on my husband.  Pretend to be mad at him?  Nah, did that yesterday.  Say that I'm pregnant?  No.  That's just mean.  (Panic and disappointment would settle in simultaneously.)  I decided to skip it, and forgot all about it.

Until logging in to check my email.

Apparently, lots of folks are getting in on ejokes today, Facebookers not the least of them.  I wouldn't know, though, because I jumped off the FB bridge after an inspiring Yoga session a couple of months ago.  The decision came after I made an idiot of myself - something I'll do to make you laugh, you know - but then realized that I actually make myself appear to be someone that I'm not, nor ever was.  That, and foolishly squandering away hours better served on non-virtual activities.  (Who me, nosy?)  I miss being able to see the daily pics and blurps from some of my maternally BFFs though, and it reminds me to check in with them in a way that is more meaningful.  In a letter, through SKYPE, or my God-awful iphone, which must have started as an April Fool's joke somewhere, because though I can always find my location through Google Earth, I'll be danged if I can make an uninterrupted call.

At least SKYPE works.  Thankfully, I'm still able to complain to my BFF back in the Buckeye State about being wine free for a second day in a row.  (Notice I said WINE free and not WHINE free).  A little thing I have committed to do over the next few weeks (the HUB's birthday notwithstanding) in order to seek some wisdom about my life, and my biggest fear is that I'll slip up and actually FORGET the commitment.  So this April, have a glass and think of me while I am running the race away from the FOOL.

Happy April Everyone!

No comments: